ODST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ODST

A forum for all of the members of ODST within Dead Frontier to use.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!

Go down 
+2
xomegaxx
Juranas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Juranas
Admin
Admin
Juranas

Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! Empty
PostSubject: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:19 am

I'm proposing that we set quotas for the number of members we can have in each rank. As it is, if everyone gets promoted, then in reality no one is getting promoted. Basically, this would go hand in hand with a restructuring of ranks. Don't get me wrong, we would keep all the existing ones, but promotions would go towards filling certain jobs. They would also be a lot rarer.

Some sample quotas:

Master Sergeant -> 1
The Master Sergeant's job would be to keep the Enlisted in line, and monitor them for potential officers.

Officers -> unknown number of 2nd Lt.'s, up to 3 1st Lt.'s, and 2 of any other type; 1 Colonel
The Officers' job is to manage aspects of ODST - events, etc. Officers are more leader-oriented; the position of 2nd Lieutenant would be somewhat like Officer-in-training.

Admiralty -> 1 of each rank
The role of Admiralty is to manage all of ODST, including external relations. Admirals would fill the roles. The sole purpose of different Admiralty ranks to to show succession in command.

Secretary roles could only go to Officers or Admirals.

For example, right now we have three Master Sergeants. Now, I remember way back when I was that rank, we could only have 1 MSgt at a time. I'd like to see a return to that.

Officers get a more specific role - leading squads. Remember the Sniper Corps, etc.? Those should be reformed, with an Officer leading each one.

Last edited by Juranas on Fri May 07, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xomegaxx
ODST Grunt
ODST Grunt
xomegaxx

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:00 am

I support this santa
Back to top Go down
Tripec88
Smiggel's Bitch
Smiggel's Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:09 am

me too
Back to top Go down
Xserozon
Admin
Admin
Xserozon

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I don't think Smiggel should be handing out promotions like candy every week.

They shouldn't be given out just because they've been in the clan for a week, but because they did something useful or shown leadership skills. By the rate he promotes people, everyone will be an officer in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Smiggel
Commander In Chief
Commander In Chief
Smiggel

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I know... I know. I have been giving out to many. But, sometimes, I don't hand out promotions for 6 weeks. I tried to make up for that. Anyways...

I support your Idea Juranas. Send me a PM so we can talk about it.

Thanks X, for reminding me how much I am fucking this up.
Back to top Go down
http://odst.roflforum.net
Smiggel
Commander In Chief
Commander In Chief
Smiggel

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Posted this on the clan thread:

Quote :
Due to certain fears and complaints of members, I have decided to significantly reduce promotion chances. It has been brought to my attention that people are climbing the ranks wayyy to fucking quickly. I did my research, and have decided this is true. ODST needs the most loyal people as officers, and the admirals going above and beyond. If I keep promoting like this, ODST may have officers who don't stick it out in the long term.

So, I have a few new requirements that go along with promoting:

In order to be an NCO, you MUST be a part of this clan for 6 weeks. Those of you already at NCO, don't worry. I'll be generous and not strip your rank.

In order to be an Officer, you MUST be in the ODST for 3 months. As with the NCOs, previous Officers don't be worried.

Admirals, well, you must be able to sell off your left leg for the clan. Anywhere from 5-8 Months. But, this is all at the discretion of myself.

Also, ALL NCOs, OFFICERS AND ADMIRALS!

WE WILL NO LONGER ALLOW NEW RECRUITS TO BE RECRUITED AT L.CPL. It just fucks up the ranks too much. ALL new recruits above level 20 MUST be a PFC.

Get ready for change ODST. And I ain't fucking Obama.
Back to top Go down
http://odst.roflforum.net
Juranas
Admin
Admin
Juranas

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:33 pm

I ain't fucking him either. Now that we've established the obvious...
Back to top Go down
stan131
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:36 pm

i support this O.o
Back to top Go down
xomegaxx
ODST Grunt
ODST Grunt
xomegaxx

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 pm

That works. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!   Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank Quotas - Admiralty, discuss!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ODST :: ODST :: ODST Discussion-
Jump to: